Cheesy chicken bacon ranch sliders are a perfect party food! These easy sliders are always a hit for watching the game, movie night, or just hanging out.
When it comes to party planning, I always turn to dishes that are easy to make, serve plenty of people, and don’t require a knife-and-fork situation.
Slider sandwiches definitely fit the bill, and these chicken bacon ranch sliders are some of our favorites!
Whether you’re having a casual hang with friends, need a fast dinner for the family, or just want a savory snack, these sliders are the perfect dish.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – The prep work for these sliders is minimal, and they bake up in just 30 minutes.
- Minimal ingredients – You need less than 10 ingredients for these savory chicken sliders. Make it even easier on yourself by using leftover cooked chicken or a grocery store rotisserie, and cook your bacon ahead of time.
- Customizable – Switch up the cheese, add hot sauce, or layer in veggies like sliced tomato or onion.
- Family friendly – Kids go crazy for slider sandwiches and these are at the top of the pack!
Ingredients for chicken bacon ranch sliders
Full list of ingredients with quantities is located in the printable recipe card along with full instructions.
Hawaiian slider rolls – You’ll find these usually in the bakery or deli area of your grocery store, though sometimes they are in the bread aisle. We love the sweet flavor paired with the savory sandwich fillings.
Cooked shredded chicken – I recommend a mix of white and dark meat, but you can use your favorite. A precooked rotisserie chicken makes this easy to prepare.
Cooked bacon – Cook the bacon to crisp and chop. You can use thick-cut or regular sliced bacon of any flavor.
Ranch dressing – Make your own ranch dressing or grab your favorite bottle!
Green onions – The green onions add just a little bit of bite and crunch. If you like a sharp onion flavor, you can use chopped red onion instead.
Shredded mozzarella cheese – We love mozzarella in sliders because it’s so wonderfully melty, and the mild flavor pairs well with the rest of the sandwich toppings. You can use cheddar or your other favorite melty cheese in its place.
Melted butter – For the tops of the buns.
Italian seasoning – Use a bit of seasoning for the tops of the buns for extra zesty flavor.
How to make this recipe
First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch casserole or baking dish with nonstick spray. You can also cook these on a cookie sheet if you prefer.
Remove the bread from the package and cut it down the center using a serrated knife or bread knife, through the middle of the buns, so you have a set of top and bottom buns.
Place the bottom bun inside the baking dish. Add half of the mozzarella.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, half the bacon, ranch dressing, and green onions. Mix until everything is evenly coated in the ranch.
Scoop out onto the bottom bun and spread as evenly as possible.
Scatter on the shredded mozzarella and top with the remaining bacon.
Place on the top bun.
In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and Italian seasoning. Brush all over the tops of the buns.
Cover the sliders with a piece of foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and remove foil, then return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the buns are nicely toasted and cheese is melted.
Slice and serve while hot.
Add grated Parmesan cheese to the sandwich tops for an extra savory flavor. Or, swap the Italian seasoning for ranch seasoning if you want a double ranch taste!
You can also make these sandwiches using deli chicken. Instead of mixing the filling ingredients together in a bowl, simply layer them on, starting and ending with the ranch dressing between the buns.
Cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, and pepper jack cheese all work well with these ranch chicken sliders.
Don’t like sweet Hawaiian rolls? You can make this recipe using any variety of slider bun.
If you have extra filling, make chicken bacon ranch wraps using your favorite tortilla or flatbread, or stuff into a pita.
You’ll love these mini sandwiches for your next party! Give them a try!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- 1 package sweet Hawaiian slider buns
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 to 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped, divided use
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Slice Hawaiian rolls down the center, creating a large top and bottom. Do not separate rolls. Place the bottom into the baking dish and scatter on half of the mozzarella cheese.
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, half the bacon, ranch dressing, and green onions, until evenly mixed.
- Scoop the chicken mixture onto the slider bun and arrange evenly. It's OK if some hangs out the side. You don't need to use all of the filling.
- Scatter on the the remaining mozzarella cheese and bacon, then place on top half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and Italian seasoning, then brush all over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the pan with foil, then bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until toasty and cheese is melted.
Nutrition information is an estimate based on online calculators and provided as a courtesy. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline only.